sitecopy - Download Archive
sitecopy - Change History
- Updated Italian translation (Cristian Rigamonti).
- FTP: fix newline handling issues for ASCII file transfers.
- sitecopy.1: explain use of "http secure" (Reed Snellenberger)
- Update to neon 0.25.0:
- fix regressions in WebDAV path-escaping
- Add SFTP support from Nobuyuki Tsuchimura using "protocol sftp".
- FTP: Ignore symlinks in fetch mode; fix some fetch mode error handling.
- DAV: fix use of remote root path which needed path-escaping.
- rsh/ssh: Filename quoting fixes (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Apply tempupload option to new files as well as changed files.
- In "sitecopy --flatlist" output, mark ignored items with "|ignored".
- Correct sitecopy.1 documentation: symlinks in the local site are
followed not ignored, by default.
- Add French translation of man page, by Nicolas Girard.
- FTP: Fix fetch mode issues with some servers.
- FTP: Add IPv6 support (passive mode only).
- Fix "make install" with NLS enabled.
- Updated Italian translation (Cristian Rigamonti).
- Fix state file parse error when upgrading from <0.14.0.
- Fix build problems with older versions of GCC.
- Rewrite of rshdriver by Nobuyuki Tsuchimura, adding support for fetch mode.
- Add 'permissions dir' flag which maintains directory permissions over FTP.
- Add --dry-run flag for update mode which displays update output
but doesn't actually carry out the operation.
- Allow 'protocol ssh'; equivalent to 'protocol rsh' with 'rsh ssh, rsp scp'
- Updated version of neon including various security fixes.
- Fix ~/.sitecopy directory permissions check on some platforms.
- Fix included getopt build on some platforms.
- Updated Italian translation (Cristian Rigamonti).
- neon updates:
- add support for Kerberos authentication over HTTP ("GSS-Negotiate").
- fix compatibility with OpenSSL 0.9.6.
- 'ls' parsing tweaks in FTP fetch mode.
- Better error handling for corrupt site storage files.
- Update to neon 0.24.
- Fixes for FTP synch mode (Paul J. Mantyla, David Madore and others).
- Fixes for FTP fetch mode:
- corruption of downloaded files
- handling of empty lines in responses
- Drop support for non-XML storage files produced by sitecopy-0.7.0 and earlier.
- Fixes for SSL certificate caching.
- Fix build using included libintl.
- Fix fn_escape() build with some compilers.
- Really fix use of non-ASCII filenames:
- drop 'charset' config option - this should no longer be used
- filenames should be preserved exactly regardless of character set
- Support WebDAV over SSL again: user is prompted to verify the server
certificate on first access.
- Enable use of bundled expat.
- Add Italian translation from Cristian Rigamonti.
- Fix segfault if SSL is requested but not supported.
- Fix build on AIX (Takeshi NISHIMATSU), FreeBSD.
- Fix corruption of uploaded files in FTP mode (Jonathan Paisley)
- Fix build when included libintl is used (Nathan Hand).
- Fix bogus "XML parser received non-8-bit data" error.
- Fix make install (Juergen Daubert).
- Disable use of bundled expat pending build fix.
- Changes to WebDAV support:
- fix synch mode to overwrite rather than append to existing local files.
- fix create/remove directory operations for Apache 2.0/mod_dav
- Changes to FTP support:
- new 'ftp usecwd' directive, for compatibility with some ProFTPd servers,
ensures that the working directory is changed before uploading files.
- fix infinite loops if connection is terminated during login.
- Fix support for non-ASCII characters in filenames:
- character set used for filenames is determined where possible from
$LC_CTYPE, otherwise defaults to ISO-8859-1. Use e.g. 'charset UTF-8'
to override selection in config file.
- Updated translations:
- Czech (cs.po) from Petr Prazak
- Norwegian Nynorsk (nn.po) from Karl Ove Hufthammer
- Upgrade to neon 0.24-dev:
- regain support for SOCKSv5 (--with-socks), thanks to Torsten Kalix.
- fix build error for newer versions of libxml2.
- Updated German translation (de.po) from Thomas Schultz.
- Fix DAV fetch mode with SSL enabled against some servers e.g. IIS5?
- Fix build on Mac OS X 10.1?
- More Makefile work from Peter Moulder:
- support DESTDIR in install targets
- 'uninstall' removes message catalogs too when i18n enabled.
- clean up use of CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/INCLUDES
- Fix compiler warnings in GNOME frontend (Peter Moulder)
- Makefile fixes (Peter Moulder).
- GNOME frontend:
- fix includes (Olaf Hering)
- fix build problems, clean up generated docs.
- fix memory leaks (Peter Moulder).
- RPM spec file cleanups.
- Merge Debian packages changes (Peter Moulder).
- Fix 'make install' for non-GNU make.
- Fix --silent option to really be silent.
- WebDAV: fix for when 'tempupload' option is used.
- Fixes for included gettext build.
- Build fixes.
- Fix for segfault in rsh/rcp mode (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Fixes for compilation using gcc 3 (Olaf Hering).
- Fixes for format string problem on Mac OS X.
- Fix for fetch-then-sync setting modtime of deleted files to 1970-01-01.
- Fix for setting permissions of local file in synch mode.
- Improvement for PASV mode port parsing (Rob Funk).
- Added basic --verify mode, to check whether the remote copy of a site
using safe mode has been modified outside sitecopy's control.
- Added Norwegian Nynorsk translation, nn.po (Karl Ove Hufthammer
- Added 'http tolerant' option, to skip OPTIONS check in WebDAV mode.
- Upgrade to neon 0.18:
- SOCKSv5 support, --with-socks (untested): please report success/failure.
- libxml2/expat 1.95 support
- a multitude of fixes, e.g. crashes during XML parsing, HTTP proxy
authentication, portability fixes, ...
- Upgrade to gettext 0.10.40, autoconf 2.52.
- Integrated changes from Debian package (Masayuki Hatta)
- added setlocale() call to console frontend
- added skeleton man page for xsitecopy.
- FE API changes:
- fe_connection takes an 'fe_status' argument again.
Changes in release 0.10.15, February 14th 2001
- Updated Japanese translation (ja) (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Correctly store modtimes in both '--fetch over existing site' and
'--fetch of a new site' cases (thanks to Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- FTP: Fix error reporting for connect failures (broken since 0.10.8)
- Fix maintaining file permissions in nooverwrite mode.
Changes in release 0.10.14, January 15th 2001
- Fix build against libxml.
Changes in release 0.10.13, January 15th 2001
- Use separate build dirs in spec file (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- GNOME update from Lee Mallabone:
- Fix crashes when a site is not selected.
- Make sure the local directory is read when adding a new site.
- The Makefile should now work with a non-GNU 'make', please send in
bug reports if it doesn't.
- Fix for 'no: command not found' error during build.
Changes in release 0.10.12, January 7th 2001
- For FTP, when uploading files in ASCII mode, display one progress
dot for each 4Kb uploaded rather than one per line.
- WebDAV: possible fix for problem with responses terminated by EOF.
- GNOME docs fix (Peter Moulder).
- Final fixes for building when srcdir != builddir (Peter Moulder).
- Updated German translation (de.po) (Thomas Schultz).
Changes in release 0.10.11, January 3rd 2001
- Added Turkish (tr) translation from A. Sinan Unur.
- Fix build using bundled expat.
- Fixes for building when srcdir != builddir from Peter Moulder.
- Warning fixes (Peter Moulder).
- Spec file fix (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
Changes in releease 0.10.10, December 23rd 2000
- GNOME frontend: bug fixes (Lee Mallabone).
- FTP: Add '253' as DELE success code (Hans Meine).
- FTP fetch: recognise a ".:" line (Phil Davis).
- FTP: possible fix for uploads failing with "250 Transfer Complete"
- Fix synch mode updating local file modification times
- neon updated to 0.9.1 (shouldn't affect anyone, except the build is
more portable now).
Changes in release 0.10.9, December 11th 2000
- Allow --fetch again even if stored state file doesn't exist.
- Fix synch mode.
Changes in release 0.10.8, December 8th 2000
- Fix badly broken fetch mode in sites which use checksum and FTP.
- Fix potential core dumps in FTP error handling routines.
- Console: Display the error if fetch mode fails before the fetch began (e.g.
using 'protocol webdav' with a server which does not claim WebDAV
- Console: Tidy up the display of some error messages.
- Internal: Clean up the site_update/fetch/synch return code semantics.
Changes in release 0.10.7, November 19th 2000
- FTP fixes:
- Removed more file descriptor leaks.
- Fix some 'Error .... : Success' messages.
- neon updates:
- WebDAV: HTTP digest authentication fixes against IIS5 (David Sloat)
- SSL improvements
- Increase read timeout to 120 seconds.
- Fix RPM spec file for Red Hat Linux 7 (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Fix --disable-webdav build (Ross Nicoll)
- FTP fetch mode changes:
- Improvements to recognising top-level directory name.
- Will FAIL if an 'ls' line could not be parsed. Previously, parse
errors were silently ignored, which could result in an empty files
list being stored.
Changes in release 0.10.6, September 11th 2000
- Fix for search for socket() in -lsocket or -linet which 0.10.5 broke.
Changes in release 0.10.5, September 11th 2000
- Fix for core dump on fail to connect FTP, patch by Fabrice Noilhan.
- Fix for file descriptor leak ("Too many open files" problem).
- Fix for enabling expect-100 support by default (WebDAV driver).
Changes in release 0.10.4, August 18th 2000
- GNOME frontend update from Lee Mallbone:
- Threading now implemented correctly - no more frozen-up interfaces when
uploading over a slow connection. Abort/cancelling updates should
now work correctly too, (Thanks to David Knight for various
comments & code snippets).
- Various bug fixes (thanks to Joe Pfeiffer, Harry Slaughter & others
- Now use libglade for certain dialogs. More glade-ified dialogs
coming soon for a better user experience.
- Fetch mode disabled - it wasn't designed for checksum-fetch, so has
been disabled for this release.
- Updated Czech translation (cs.po) from Petr Prazak.
Changes in release 0.10.3, August 15th 2000
- Updated German translation (de.po) from Thomas Schultz.
- Updated neon to 0.7.0.
- Don't delete directories in --update mode if 'nodelete' is
Changes in release 0.10.2, August 1st 2000
- rsh driver: pass "-l username" to rsh if a username is specified,
and username@host for rcp: patch by David Knight.
- Fix for maintaining file permissions with 'tempupload' mode.
- Fix for "will not overwrite changes" message in safe mode under FTP.
- Disabled the GNOME frontend which doesn't seem to be working.
- In synch mode under FTP, download the entire file regardless of what
the stored size is.
Changes in release 0.10.1, July 28th 2000
- Quick fixes so GNOME fe compiles and links again due to interface
Changes in release 0.10.0, July 28th 2000
- Build fix for cygwin, which lacks regex.h.
- Synch mode will just set permissions of local files if the file
contents have not changed.
- Console: synch mode will refuse to just remove all files in the local
site, since new users sometimes confuse --update with --synch, with
disastrous consequences. Use 'rm' if you need this functionality.
- Console: The --debug/-d option now takes comma-separated strings
rather numbers, e.g. 'sitecopy --debug=http,socket --fetch mysite'
- Added German translation (de.po) from Thomas Schultz.
- WebDAV fetch mode re-implemented.
- Fix for downloading files in DAV driver.
- neon updates to 0.4.x:
- Basic SSL support added to DAV driver (requires OpenSSL)... use
'configure --with-ssl', then put 'http secure' in the rcfile
entry for the site.
IMPORTANT NOTE: server certificates are NOT presented for user
- Protocol name for WebDAV driver in rcfile is now 'webdav' or
'dav', e.g. 'protocol dav'
The old value, 'http' is recognized but deprecated.
- WebDAV driver will refuse to operate against a server which does
not identify itself as a class 1 WebDAV server in an OPTIONS response.
- FTP fetch mode will skip Windows drive specifications in directory
- Console: more signals handled by saving update state.
Changes in release 0.9.10, April 22nd 2000
- Fix safe mode.
- Updated cs.po from Petr Prazak.
- Updated ja.po from Nobuyuki Tsuchimura.
Changes in development snapshot, April 12th 2000:
This is alpha code, use with care:
- HACK: New protocol driver: uses rcp and rsh in combination.
Use 'protocol rsh'. Requires a working rsh/rcp setup to the server.
- Option to disable FTP support added to configure: --disable-ftp
- Support for libxml as XML parser (version 1.8.3 or later required).
- Support interactive prompting for username/password: can omit these
- HTTP proxy authentication support: "proxy-username" and "proxy-password"
rcfile keywords (or omit these and use interactive prompting).
- Temporarily dropped support for authoring via non-WebDAV extended HTTP
(WebRFM, Netscape Enterprise, AOLserver etc)... will return later.
- Synch mode will only connect to the server if necessary.
- Sensible abort handling (CTRL-C to abort).
- Console: --view mode will only display named sites if any sites are
Changes in release 0.9.9, March 23rd 2000
- Added --logfile option to redirect debugging messages.
- Bugfix for GNOME frontend (Lee Mallabone).
Changes in release 0.9.8, March 11th 2000
- Fix for transfer progress reporting (should fix GNOME progress bars).
- GNOME frontend update from Lee Mallabone:
- Changing a site's local directory on-the-fly is implemented.
- Fix death-on-startup bug when local directories no longer existed.
- Only allow directories to be selected in the site creation druid.
- Other minor bug fixes
Changes in release 0.9.7, March 7th 2000
- GNOME frontend update from Lee Mallabone:
- Site creation druid now fully functional.
Changes in release 0.9.6, March 7th 2000
- Display number of items which need updating in --list mode.
- New Japanese translation (ja.po) (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Don't checksum excluded files (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Spelling fix for console frontend (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Minor Makefile fix.
Changes in release 0.9.5, February 10th 2000
- Mark more strings for i18n (Petr Prazak).
- New Czech translation (cs.po) (Petr Prazak).
- Move strings out of macros for i18n.
- Exclude files within excluded subdirectory for fetch.
Changes in release 0.9.4, February 1st 2000
- Correctly handle 8-bit characters in filenames from stored state.
- New French translation (fr.po) (Sylvain 'Murdock' Glaize).
Changes in release 0.9.3, January 20th 2000
- Parse absolute directory names in FTP fetch response (Nobuyuki Tsuchimura).
- Check for expat's xmlparse.h in an 'xmlparse' subdirectory.
Changes in release 0.9.2, January 18th 2000
- Fix the case where a move is preferred to a change.
- Use timeout-based read_line again (as per 0.7.6 and earlier).
Changes in release 0.9.1, January 15th 2000
- Move files remotely before uploading new files.
- Niall Smart fixed --flatlist output.
Changes in release 0.9.0, December 12th 1999
Important Notes for those upgrading from older version
- The storage files (~/.sitecopy/*) written by this version are
not backward compatible - versions 0.8.x and before will
not read them. You are advised to take a backup copy of your
~/.sitecopy/ directory before installing this version. 0.9.0
will read the info files written by previous versions.
- If you use 'permissions all', then after upgrading, all existing
will be appear 'changed'. Run sitecopy --catchup with the
version to mark them as updated. The same applies for those use
- Major redesign. This brings:
- Improved handling of file permissions - changes in just
permissions are detected and handled by update mode. Fetch mode
can retrieve the permissions of remote files, and synch mode will
set them locally.>
- Better handling of ASCII files - if you change whether a file is
ASCII or not, files will be marked as changed accordingly.>
- Detect file content changes by MD5 checksumming, rather than by
modification time / size - use the `state checksum' option.
- Handling of moved files improved: the overhead previously incurred
by checking for moved files should be greatly reduced. New option
to check for renamed files too - `checkmoved renames' (only valid
in conjuction with the `state checksum' option.
- Site storage files (~/.sitecopy/*) are now XML, allowing for easy
- 'ignore' option added, syntax as per 'exclude', which means that
changes to local files which match any of the 'ignore' patterns are
not mirrored to the remote site by update mode. Files which match
'ignore' patterns will still be created, deleted and moved as normal.
- The 'ascii' keyword now has syntax as per 'exclude', and is not
limited to 20 entries.
- New option 'lowercase', which forces all filenames to be converted
to lowercase for use on the remote site.
- "Safe mode" added, using the 'safe' option. See the man page for
details of this option. Thanks to Shaun Steinhorst for the idea.
- Synch mode will download deleted files even when 'nodelete' is used.
- Number of directories that can be scanned in local sites is limited
only by virtual memory size.
- Console frontend: update mode signal handling changed. SIGINT
(e.g. CTRL-C) will now safely terminate the update, saving the update
progress. Other termination signals cause an immediate quit, without
saving the update progress: use SIGQUIT (e.g. CTRL-\) if you want this.
- Console frontend: new --show-progress option to display progress
of data transfer in update mode.
- Internationalization: Russian translation from Michael Sobolev.
- 'tempupload' option to upload changed files to a temporary file,
'.in.filename' then rename to 'filename' when the upload is complete.
- Added 'Expect: 100-continue' option again, in the form of an
enabling option 'http expect'. Users of Apache 1.3.9 and above are
advised to use this option, since it will save time and bandwidth.
- Added 'ftp showquit' option to display QUIT message from FTP server.
- GNOME frontend update from Lee Mallabone: unfinished code, use with
care. Backup your rcfile! The site info writing code has not been
tested very much at all, so whatever you do, make sure your rcfile is
safe somewhere else before trying this release.
- The site/file tree received a complete rewrite and now appears
lovely and stable, and represents files/directories as it should
- Fetch mode. Not perfect, but it's built the best way it can be
given the API, and does seem to work reliably.
- Update; I've added a "stop" button to the update dialog that
appears when an update is in progress. It has issues at the moment,
I believe; unfortunately I haven't had much time to test it, so your
mileage may vary. Updates themselves should still work just fine
- Site creation; as you'll see from clicking 'new site', this part
of the app has also been totally rewritten. *sigh* it's another
unfinished feature though. The druid looks very nice, imho. But I've
not yet added the code to actually create sites.
- Site editing; the GUI is totally rewritten from 0.8.x, but parts
of it are not yet hooked up, so you may experience some "race
Changes in release 0.8.4, October 24th 1999
- Fix for error reporting with FTP ASCII uploads.
- Console frontend: Fix for missing newline in 'corrupt rcfile' message.
Changes in release 0.8.3, October 13th 1999
Changes in release 0.8.2, October 3rd 1999
- GNOME frontend: Fixed a reported bug with using "always keep going"
to update remote sites (Lee Mallabone).
Changes in release 0.8.1, September 12th 1999
- Minor cosmetic change to console frontend: display remote root in
banner lines too.
- Slight speed optimisation.
- GNOME frontend source reorganisation (Lee Mallabone).
Changes in release 0.8.0, August 28th 1999
- Updated EMX build to include WebDAV code (Steffen Siebert).
- Fix for non-WebDAV builds (Steffen Siebert).
- GNOME: New upload dialog (Lee Mallabone).
Changes in release 0.8.0pre2, August 27th 1999
- WebDAV: Disabled '100-expect' completely, always, for safety.
This feature will be brought back later as an option which defaults
- configure fix to find 'xmlparse.h' in /usr/include/xmltok/ as
per Debian's libxmltok1-dev package.
Changes in release 0.8.0pre, August 25th 1999
Users of 0.7.4 through 0.7.10 are advised to upgrade to this version
- Fixed bug which caused hostname lookup, connection and
authentication errors to be ignored.
- Fix for finding expat in 'xmltok' and 'xmlparse' libraries.
- GNOME update from Lee Mallabone:
- Redesigned quit dialog. No more dialogs popping up over each other.
- Improved error handling.
- WebDAV options added to interface.
Changes in release 0.7.10, August 19th 1999
- Disallow using permissions support for WebDAV sites (prevents
- Rename of send_file, hopefully improves AIX 4.3 build.
Changes in release 0.7.9, August 4th 1999
- Added check for expat in -lxmltok and -lxmlparse as per Debian's
- console: Null-terminate long options array.
- Added implicit rule for object file compilation, should fix build
with non-GNU make.
- Possible fix for cygwin WebDAV upload problems.
Changes in release 0.7.8, July 26th 1999
- Added errno.h include in src/socket.c.
Changes in release 0.7.7, July 26th 1999
- Added http limit option to try only one request per connection.
- read_line reverted to use recv() directly.
- Bug fix where uploads will continue till end-of-file rather than a
fixed number of bytes.
Changes in release 0.7.6, July 25th 1999
- WebDAV: auth memory allocation tidyup, proxy support fixed,
succeed on delete directory for any non-207 2xx class response.
- Remove segfault on finding named pipes etc, in local directories
with debugging turned on.
- FTP transfer type set when appropriate after broken connection -
patch by Tim Ricketts email@example.com.
- Extra debugging messages in FTP, WebDAV and socket code.
- Minor man page update.
Changes in release 0.7.5, July 22nd 1999
- HTTP Basic auth fix, and response body with set Content-Length
Changes in release 0.7.4, July 22nd 1999
WebDAV users upgrade with caution... these are large changes to the code
which have not been thoroughly tested yet.
- console: Change to "sitecopy: Site `foo'..." line, now displays
mode name, site name, and remote server host only.
- Experimental support for HTTP proxying - use, e.g.:
in rcfile to enable.
- Fall back on hardcoded port numbers if service name isn't known.
- Complete rewrite of HTTP Authentication code, to the new RFC 2617
standard. The new code has support for:
Tested against Apache 1.3.6 with the new mod_digest (still
works against old RFC 2069-style server implementations, too).
- MD5-session algorithm
- Digest code supports 'qop=auth-int' message integrity (untested)
- understands multiple challenges in 401 response, uses Digest
in preference to Basic
- interprets the 'Authentication-Info' header, and authenticates
server response accordingly
- Cleanups to HTTP code.
- FTP Passwords and the HTTP 'Authorization:' header value are
now hidden in debugging output.
Changes in version 0.7.3, July 19th 1999
- New http noexpect option to workaround problems with
WebDAV servers which do not correctly handle the HTTP/1.1
Expect: 100-continue header (e.g. Apache <= 1.3.6).
Changes in version 0.7.2, July 16th 1999
- Compile fix for cygwin environment, thanks to Andy Cowling.
- GNOME frontend bug fix - better rcfile error handling (Lee
Changes in version 0.7.1, July 15th 1999
This is the only change in this release - only upgrade if you couldn't
- Compile fix for lib/snprintf.c (Andy Cowling)
Changes in version 0.7.0, July 11th 1999
- Enhanced exclude syntax, allows specific directories to be
ignored, e.g. 'exclude /foo/bar' to exclude foo/bar, or 'exclude
- Socket reads will timeout, so the program will not hang
indefinitely on a severe protocol error.
- Console: Added --keep-going option to force an update to
continue past errors. Faster startup (probably).
- WebDAV: Filenames with non-alphanumeric characters in
work now. Fetch mode memory consumption drastically improved. Better
- FTP: Fetch and synch modes will work when 'ftp nopasv' is
specified too - fixed by Paul Crowley. File permissions are
maintained in nooverwrite mode - fixed by Olivier Calle.
- GNOME changes from Lee Mallabone:
- All new site creation wizard. Seems stable, but it is new code so please
test & report any shortcomings.
- Massive memory plugs. Memory usage reduction by nearly an order of
magnitude. (yea, I bloopered the first time round:)
- Misc bug fixes. (see gnome/Changelog.xsitecopy for more details).
- Ported to Digital Unix 4.0 by Dobrica Pavlinusic. Ported to SunOS
4.1 (thanks to Andrew Haylett and fetchmail). Ported to the cygwin
environment by Andy Cowling . Generally, quite a lot of portability
- Added support for SOCKS firewall - thanks to Andrew Haylett.
- Bug fixes: some memory leaks.
Version 0.6.0, May 4th 1999
- Major restructuring of all the WebDAV code, including the
addition of fetch and synch mode handlers. Fetch mode requires
expat for XML parsing - see the INSTALL file for details (you
can still compile without expat, just you can't use fetch mode)
- WebDAV code fixed to work with IIS 5 beta - thanks to Jim
Whitehead for making a server available.
- Yoram Last extended the
HTTP code to work with non-WebDAV HTTP-based authoring servers, i.e.
- AOLserver and Netscape Enterprise Server which implement
the 'MKDIR' etc methods
- Any HTTP server which can transparently create remote dirs
with PUT requests
- GNOME frontend changes from
Lee Mallabone :
- New 'backup' menu for storage and restoration of the rcfile and
individual site infofiles.
- Save sites As, option added.
- More online help.
- Numerous bug fixes, including a major one - if you've had
trouble with XSitecopy before, I encourage you to try this
- FTP: Only execute TYPE when actually needed. Report login
- Misc bug fixes and tidying
Version 0.5.1, April 19th 1999
- Update mode change: file deletes are all done first
- 'nooverwrite' rcfile option, to force a delete before uploading a
changed file (some FTP servers have problems if this isn't done,
- GNOME frontend: pixmaps compiled into executable (Lee Mallabone)
- symlink maintain mode fixes
- (omitted from 0.5.0 by mistake) configure fixes - thanks to Andrey
Version 0.5.0, March 24th 1999
- The big addition: GNOME front end from Lee Mallabone, alpha code -
test test test!
- FTP-only: ASCII mode uploads (thanks to Derek J Decker for the
patch which this is based on).
- WebDAV fixes (works better against Zope).
Version 0.4.9, March 18th 1999
- configure fix for getopt_long (reported by Andrey A. Chernov)
- rcfile.c typo fix from Andrey A. Chernov
Version 0.4.8, March 17th 1999
- GNU-style long options
- Better name lookup from Steffen Siebert
- Compiler warnings cleanup
- Bug fixes (there was a possible segfault with moved files)
Version 0.4.7, March 15th 1999
- OS/2 fixes from Steffen Siebert
- FTP fixes
Version 0.4.6, March 1st 1999
- Port to OS/2 and Win32 using EMX/RSX, by Steffen Siebert
- Port to SunOS (gcc only)
- FTP non-PASV mode bug fixes - many thanks to H. Henning Vossieck
for his perseverance and feedback on this.
- Parsing of ~/.netrc for password when one is not specified -
parser by Gordon Matzigkeit
- symlinks 'maintain' mode for WebDAV, using MKREF
- Files are also marked 'changed' when their size changes but
not their modification time - Steffen Siebert.
- Check for $HOME not being set when no -r and -p options
given - Steffen Siebert.
Version 0.4.0, February 1st 1999
Experimental new features which probably won't work at all for you:
- Much improved FTP code - now, broken connections should be
reconnected on-the-fly. FTP uploads will be slightly faster, too.
- Signal handling - if you kill sitecopy during a site update,
the progress is saved.
- 'Flat listing' mode: -ll gives an easily-parseable listing of
changes to a site. An example AWK script to produce a
'Recent Changes'-type HTML page is supplied, changes.awk
- Do-to-all-sites option: -a on all the command line.
- Misc: improved debugging, FTP non-pasv mode option is really
selectable from the rcfile this time, man page has content,
errors in rcfile reported, update mode is paranoid.
- 'fetch' mode - to update what sitecopy thinks is on the
remote site using what is actually on the remote site. (FTP only)
- 'synchronize' mode - to update the LOCAL site from the REMOTE
site. sitecopy's reverse gear... use with care. (FTP only)
Version 0.3.0, December 17th 1998
- Dirs/files can be excluded using shell regular expressions.
- Symbolic links in local sites can either be followed (default) or
- Support for WebDAV as well as FTP - MD5 code for digest
authentication by Ulrich Drepper.
- Support non-PASV mode FTP transfers, by James Youngman
- Files can have different names remotely to locally (useful
e.g. for distribution across servers which have different default
directory filenames - index.html vs. default.htm).
- Misc fixes: remote directories now deleted as well as created in
the correct order, spaces in filenames are no longer a problem,
filename corruption introduced in 0.2.9 hopefully eradicated.
- Platforms: Nik Clayton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
made it work on FreeBSD.
Development Release 0.2.9, November 26th 1998
WebDAV protocol driver added.
Version 0.2.0, October 12th, 1998
- File permissions handling - removes need to manually chmod
remote files (e.g. for CGI scripts)
- New command line option `-v' to list all site definitions in rcfile.
- Optional ask-for-confirmation mode for updating site
- Option to keep remote files when local files are deleted.
- Option to move remote files when local files are moved.
- Can specify multiple sites on command line.
- Can specify location of rc file and storage dir on command line.
- Misc. fixes: new directories created remotely in correct order,
upload '.'s will be displayed at the right time (thanks to
Karl Heinz Marbaise), comments allowed in rc file.
Version 0.1, September 23rd, 1998
[ Main page |
Current Development ]